Training Sign Up
BARTENDERS UNION LOCAL 165 TRAINING PROGRAM
1. Pre-registration will begin online at 8 am on January 8th, 2024 to January 12th, 2024 for Apprentices ONLY WORKING IN A PROPERTY COVERED BY A COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT (CBA). If you register and drop out or get pointed out by attendance policy, you MUST wait one class cycle before you can register again.
A materials fee of $125 (non-refundable) is due by 4 pm, January 12th, 2024. Actual payment must be paid in the office (credit, debit, money order, or cashier’s check) no later than 4 pm, January 12th, 2024 or you will lose your spot and need to re-register online.
2. Online Pre-Registration only for those Apprentices and Bartender who are working in a PROPERTY NOT COVERED BY A COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT (CBA) will take place at 8 am, January 15th to January 19th, 2024.If you register and drop out or get pointed out by attendance policy, you MUST wait one class cycle before you can register again.
Payment of ($700) must be paid in person at the office by 4 pm, January 19th, 2024, or you will lose your spot. Verification of employment must be presented at the time of payment. You must work at least 3 days/week (20 hours/week) in order to be eligible. Verification must include Recent Pay-Stub, and one of the following documents: letter from employer; work schedule; an employee badge; paperwork identifying position as that of a bartender or apprentice bartender (bar back); and a Recent Pay-stub.
Classes will begin January 30th, 2024, and continue through to June 27th, 2024.
CLASS SCHEDULE - January 2024
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – RORY MARTINEZ
Session 1 - Monday and Tuesday ( 8 am to 11 am )
Session 2 - Monday and Tuesday ( 11 am to 2 pm )
Session 3 - Monday and Tuesday ( 2 pm to 5 pm )
Session 4 - Wednesday and Thursday ( 8 am to 11 am )
Session 5 - Wednesday and Thursday ( 11 am to 2 pm )
Session 6 - Wednesday and Thursday ( 2 pm to 5 pm )
1. Twenty (20) weeks of classes – (2) classes per week are required.
2. Four (4) absences maximum are permitted.
3. Trainees are dropped at five (5) absences! No exceptions for any reason!
4. Do not register for this Training Program if you have a planned vacation or any other event that might cause you to exceed four (4) absences!
6. Being unprepared or tardy will result in accumulating points as an absence. U or T = .50 absences.
7. Do not register for this Training Program if you cannot attend the Mandatory Orientation,
and the first day of class.
8. If you register and drop out or get pointed out by attendance policy, you MUST wait one class cycle before you can register again.
PAYMENT IS HELD AT:
BARTENDERS’ UNION LOCAL 165,
4825 WEST NEVSO DRIVE, LAS VEGAS, NV 89103.
ALL CLASSES WILL BE HELD AT THE CULINARY TRAINING ACADEMY, 710 WEST LAKE MEAD BLVD., NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89030 (LOCATED BETWEEN I-15 AND MARTIN LUTHER KING)