top of page

Workers Compensation


If you are injured at work, report it IMMEDIATELY to your supervisor/employer. Below are important steps to follow to avoid a delay or denial of your Workers’ Compensation claims.


Report your injury to your supervisor/employer immediately and fill out the C-1 Incident Report (provided by your supervisor/employer). Fill it out in detail whether you see a doctor or not. Any delay in reporting your injury may result in a denial by Workers’ Compensation. Even though you have 7 days by law to report your injury, Workers’ Compensation often denies care if the injury is not reported to them immediately.
Seek medical attention immediately at the assigned Workers’ Compensation clinic where your employer directs you to go.

Follow your doctor’s treatment plan.
A copy of a C-4 (medical exam report from your doctor) will be sent to your employer.
Any work restrictions or limitations must be reported immediately to your supervisor. If your employer cannot accommodate these restrictions, you may be eligible to receive compensation.

If you are not satisfied with your medical treatment, you have the right to request another treating doctor within the first 90 days of your injury.

If your claim is denied by the Workers’ Compensation carrier, you will receive a denial letter in the mail. You have 70 days from the date of the denial letter to file a request for a hearing with the Department of Administration, Hearing Division.

If you disagree with the Hearing Officer’s decision, you may file a second appeal to an Appeals Officer within 30 days of that decision. You then may request to be represented free of charge by the Nevada Attorney for Injured Workers (NAIW).

If you disagree with the Appeals Officer’s decision, you may appeal the decision to the District Court and possibly to the Supreme Court of Nevada. At this level, you will need to seek the assistance of a private attorney, at your own cost.

Free assistance to file or appeal your Workers’ Compensation case is available:
State of Nevada Office of the Governor
(702) 486-3587 or (888) 333-1597

NOTE: You must file a Workers’ Compensation claim and appeal a denial before the Culinary Health Fund can pay for your work related injuries. Please contact the Culinary Health Fund Office at (702) 733-9938 for additional information about your medical claims from a work related injury

bottom of page