top of page

Housing Partnership

New Housing Benefit for Culinary and Bartender Workers!

If you are a worker covered by the Culinary and Bartenders’ Union Contract, then you are eligible for a new housing benefit that helps gaming workers obtain the dream of home ownership. Established as a result of the 2007 Collective Bargaining Agreement, the new Culinary and Bartenders Housing Partnership provides home buyer education and counseling, workshops on foreclosure prevention, and first-time home buyer down payment loans.

The State of Nevada Housing Division has joined with the Culinary and Bartenders Housing Partnership to provide up to $20,000 in assistance to purchase your first home!

Key Elements of the program include:

  • The down payment assistance loan up to $20,000 has a 0% interest rate.

  • You do not have to pay back the loan unless you sell, rent, or refinance the property.

  • If you sell, rent, or refinance you pay the loan back at face value with no interest charges.

  • You must live in the house you buy (no second homes or vacation homes).

  • You must not have owned a home within the past three years.

  • You must contribute 3.5% down payment for an FHA mortgage.

  • You must contribute 1% of the purchase price for a conventional mortgage.

  • Your combined household income can’t be greater than $92,010 for a 1-3 person household. For a household with 4 or more persons, your combined household income can’t be greater than $106,250.

  • You will be required to complete an orientation class, an 8 hour homebuyer education course and a one-on-one counseling session at no cost to you.

  • You must qualify for a mortgage – you may use a lender of your choice, or the Housing Program can provide you with a list of participating lenders to assist you. Participating lender list can be located at

  • Funds for loans are limited and will be granted on a first come first serve basis.

Foreclosure Assistance

Please contact the Housing Programs department, if you own your own home and you are:

  • Currently behind in your mortgage payments.

  • Received a notice of loan default or breach in the mail.

  • Received a notice of foreclosure sale of your home.

The agency offers bankruptcy counseling in English and Spanish.

Call 702.364.0344 or 800.451.4505

To get more details, please call the Housing Partnership at 702.924.2173 Ext: 230 or go to their website:



bottom of page